MCPS and Richard Montgomery High School are excited to announce that registration for Fall Sports is now open! Below is information regarding the upcoming Fall Sports season, as well as the registration process. Additional information can be found in this memo from MCPS regarding the return to athletics.
As a reminder, Fall Sports being offered are: Football, Field Hockey, Boys and Girls Soccer, Golf, Cross Country, Cheerleading, Poms, Girls Volleyball and Bocce. (Bocce has been moved into this New Fall modified season and will be offered Virtual Only)
Additionally, please be informed that ALL Fall Sports being offered at RM will be “In-Person”
Bocce, and Bocce only is the only Fall Sport that will not meet In-Person if and when metrics allow, they will follow a virtual schedule. (More info to come after Registration numbers are evaluated)
How to Register
Parents must register their children through the MCPS ParentVue Portal. More information regarding the registration process can be found in this letter from MCPS. Registration will remain open through February 22, 2021. Registration will close on this date to allow coaches with the opportunity to group students appropriately and for coaches and schools to plan program operations.
ParentVue Troubleshooting Information
If a parent is having trouble logging into the MCPS ParentVue Portal:
- If you have never activated your parent account:
- Parents were sent activation information at the beginning of the school year, which included an Activation Key. If you still have this information, use it to activate your parent account. If you do not have the activation information, please email the Drop Box and select Richard Montgomery High School for assistance.
- Be sure to include the student name, ID number, and parent name in the email. You can also call the Main Office at (240) 740-6100, Monday – Friday, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Forgot your password? Click on the Forgot Password link on the ParentVue Portal
- Forgot the email address you used to activate your account? Email the Athletic Specialist Jon Freda, Jonathan_J_Freda@mcpsmd.org. Be sure to include the student name, ID number and parent name in the email.
(If you THINK we have your physical on file and you do not Upload your Physical into ParentVue at the time of Registration, please email a copy of your physical to the Athletic Director, Jon Freda. Many physicals “On File” are Expired. Students MUST have a NEW/Current Physical WITH the Covid Supplement, in order to Tryout for Fall Sports)
Students should complete their pre-participation physical (MCPS Form SR-8) so that the medical eligibility form and COVID pre-participation form (last two pages of SR-8) is ready for online submission or for submission to the coach prior to tryouts/practices. Physicals are valid for one calendar year. Note: This is a change from the policy during the virtual engagement in the first semester. At that time, physicals were valid for two years. A partial list of Clinics that offer Sports Physicals within the Montgomery County area is available online, including the Care for Kids program through Montgomery County. Physicals can be uploaded by the parent during the registration process. However, if a parent needs to submit a physical after the student has already been registered, email an electronic copy of the pre-participation physical (MCPS Form SR-8) to AD Jon Freda Jonathan_J_Freda@mcpsmd.org .
Please continue the MCPS Athletics Website as your Central Hub for all things MCPS Athletics!
MCPS Athletics Website: https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/departments/athletics/
Let’s Go Rockets!