Richard Montgomery High School – Spring Sports Registration Is Now Open
How to Register
Students must be registered by a parent through the MCPS ParentVue Portal. Registration will remain open through April 14th, 2021. Registration will close on this date to allow coaches the opportunity to group students appropriately and for coaches and schools to plan program operations.
ParentVue Troubleshooting Information
If a parent is having trouble logging into the MCPS ParentVue Portal.
- If you have never activated your parent account:
- Parents were sent activation information at the beginning of the school year, which included an Activation Key. If you still have this information, use it to activate your parent account. If you do not have the activation information, please email the Drop Box and select Richard Montgomery High School for assistance.
- Be sure to include the student name, ID number, and parent name in the email. You can also call the Main Office at (240) 740-6100, Monday – Friday, between the hours of 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (However, due to Spring Break, RM will be closed March 26 – April 5. Parents should be prepared to have registration completed prior to Spring Break if possible, to avoid missing the deadline and last minute ParentVue Issues. PArentVue help will be limited over Spring Break).
- Forgot your password? Click on the Forgot Password link on the ParentVue Portal
- Forgot the email address you used to activate your account? Email the Athletic Specialist Jon Freda, Jonathan_J_Freda@mcpsmd.org. Be sure to include the student name, ID number and parent name in the email.
In the Synergy ParentVUE Support Guide on pg. 35 athletic registration section it shows you how to complete the online athletic registration.
Students should complete their pre-participation physical (MCPS Form SR-8) so that the medical eligibility form (last page of SR-8) is ready for online submission or for submission to the coach prior to tryouts/practices. Physicals are valid for one calendar year. Note: This is a change from the policy during the virtual engagement in the first semester. At that time, physicals were valid for two years. A partial list of Clinics that offer Sports Physicals within the Montgomery County area is available online, including the Care for Kids program through Montgomery County. Physicals can be uploaded by the parent during the registration process. However, if a parent needs to submit a physical after the student has already been registered, email an electronic copy of the pre-participation physical (MCPS Form SR-8) to Richard Montgomery HS Athletic Specialist: Jonathan_J_Freda@mcpsmd.org